This is the documentation of rasdaman community, the free, open-source multi-dimensional Array Analytics Server with outstanding scalability.
- If you want to set up rasdaman then you should consult the Installation and Administration Guide;
best read in conjunction with the PostgreSQL External Products Guide.
- Retrieval and manipulation of raster data is documented in the Query Language Guide (PDF).
There is a deprecated heavy-weight client for visual database inspecntion, rview; see the rview guide (PDF).
- The core rasdaman system implements a domain-agnostic Array Database System implemented in C++.
Client APIs, conforming to the ODMG standard, are available in
C++ (see C++ Development Guide, PDF and API documentation HTML )
and Java (see Java Development Guide, PDF and API documentation HTML ).
- The C++ sources of the rasdaman engine are documented for the complete engine, API, and the PostgreSQL base DBMS interface
- Spatio-temporal geo services based on the OGC standards WMS, WCS, and WCPS are implemented in the petascope component of the rasdaman system. See the web service interfaces (HTML), import tools (HTML), petascope database schema for geo metadata (HTML), and the code documentation (HTML).
- The Semantic CRS resolver (SECORE) is a geo Web service component for hosting definitions of geospatial and temporal Coordinate Reference Systems (CRSs) following the OGC Name Type Specification; see the Java class documentation (HTML).
Rasdaman community is free software: you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation, either version 3 of the License, or (at your option) any later version.
Rasdaman community is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details.
You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along with rasdaman. If not, see http://www.gnu.org/licenses/.
Copyright © 2003 - 2015 Peter Baumann / rasdaman GmbH Germany.
For more information see http://www.rasdaman.org.